The Scientific Committee on Solar Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP) is an international organization with the goal of strengthening and promoting international solar-terrestrial physics research. As of 2016 Switzerland is a member of SCOSTEP and a National Committee has been established with the goal of promoting and representing the solar-terrestrial community within Switzerland and internationally.
SCOPE OF THE WORKSHOP
The workshop aims at bringing together Swiss scientists with an interest in solar-terrestrial science. It encourages a lively exchange between scientists from all fields within solar-terrestrial physics to identify synergies, foster collaborations, and strengthen the community.
THE FORMAT OF THE MEETING
The workshop will consist of two invited talks plus contributed presentations (oral or poster). It will cover the following topics:
- Fundamental solar physics
- Solar variability in the past and future
- Sun-Earth relations in proxies, observations, and model simulations
- Future (space) missions/observations
- Astrid Veronig, University of Graz
- Hauke Schmidt, Max Plank Institute for Meteorology
WEB PAGE OF THE WORKSHOP:
For more info and to register visit the workshop website: